Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's a small world after all


A man came this morning to put together a BBQ I recently purchased. He was very talkative. I found this a bit unnerving, considering how shy and delicate I am, especially when around men who put things together.

He told my partner he was a girl for putting away the washing.
He winked at me, and I suspected he was thinking "if she were a few years younger and had longer hair, and maybe a more fullsome bust..."

We parted, neither of us having grown any. Which is a shame, because I am sure there were many bridges we could have built had we had more time.

Perhaps when I am old, I will wear purple, and build bridges with those who in another context and with a few litres of beer in them, would commit an act of mild sexual violance against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment